Temporary Work (Entertainment) Visa

Table of Contents

This visa allows individuals to temporarily work in Australia. It is closed to new applications.

The Temporary Work (Entertainment) visa (subclass 420) is closed to new applications. You might be eligible to apply for a Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408).

Visa Holders

This information is for people who have already been granted a Temporary Work (Entertainment) visa (subclass 420). It explains your rights and obligations.

  1. Your visa is valid for the duration of the nominated position or two years, whichever is the earliest.
  2. You and your family must comply with all visa conditions and Australian laws.
  3. You can use Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) for free to check your visa details and entitlements.


This information is for a person who sponsored someone for a Temporary Work (Entertainment) visa (subclass 420) to work temporarily in the entertainment industry in Australia.

  1. A sponsorship lasts for up to three years.
  2. You must contact the Entertainment Visa Centre to report any changes in circumstances that could affect the processing of your application.
  3. You must be able to comply with certain sponsorship obligations.
  4. You must comply with your obligations as a sponsor. Your compliance is monitored with the sponsorship obligations and whether your visa holders are upholding their visa conditions.
  5. Failure to meet your obligations may result in the imposition of one or more sanctions.

Contact Us

For those considering our services, we provide an initial meeting. In this session, we will simplify the legal aspects of the visa, explain the process ahead, and address any questions you may have.

To set up an initial discussion with us, please reach out to one of our experienced immigration lawyers at (02) 9590 3987.

Enquiry Form

If you would like to proceed with our firm or require further information, simply complete our enquiry form below or email or phone us.

Full Name
Phone Number
Visa Category

We answer all your immigration questions

Send your message through our Enquiry Form and we’ll respond within 24 hours. Or, if you prefer, you can email or directly call us.

After an initial discussion, we can organise a confidential consultation with our legal experts to discuss all of your immigration needs.

We can come to you, you can come to us, or we can have a video or phone conference – whatever works best for your situation.

We make it easy for you

You can either search by a keyword (e.g. Tourist Visa)
or search by a visa subclass (e.g. 500)