Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA)

Table of Contents

CASA offers Skills Assessment for pilots and other aviation professionals seeking to work in Australia under the skilled migration program.

The Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) is a government entity responsible for safeguarding aviation safety in Australia. CASA licences pilots, registers aircraft, certifies aerodromes, and oversees safety across various aviation operations, ensuring compliance with established standards. Additionally, CASA promotes safety awareness and facilitates the secure use and administration of Australian airspace and aerodromes by the aviation community and the public.

Eligibility Criteria

Eligibility Criteria for Skills Assessment:

  1. To qualify for a skills assessment, you must apply for a visa listed under the skilled occupations list (SOL) or Employer Nomination Scheme occupation list (ENSOL).
  2. You should possess Australian flight crew qualifications enabling you to secure a pilot position in Australia.
  3. You must hold a commercial pilot licence (CPL) or air transport pilot licence (ATPL) issued by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA).

Eligibility to Pass the Skills Assessment:

  1. Achieve a current level 4 Aviation English Language Proficiency (AELP) assessment.
  2. Successfully undergo a background security check.

Additional Requirement for Overseas Qualifications:

If you lack Australian qualifications, you are required to convert your overseas equivalent, which may involve travelling to Australia for medicals, exams, and a flight test.

Contact Us

For those considering our services, we provide an initial meeting. In this session, we will simplify the legal aspects of the visa, explain the process ahead, and address any questions you may have.

To set up an initial discussion with us, please reach out to one of our experienced immigration lawyers at (02) 9590 3987.

Enquiry Form

If you would like to proceed with our firm or require further information, simply complete our enquiry form below or email or phone us.

Full Name
Phone Number
Visa Category

We answer all your immigration questions

Send your message through our Enquiry Form and we’ll respond within 24 hours. Or, if you prefer, you can email or directly call us.

After an initial discussion, we can organise a confidential consultation with our legal experts to discuss all of your immigration needs.

We can come to you, you can come to us, or we can have a video or phone conference – whatever works best for your situation.

We make it easy for you

You can either search by a keyword (e.g. Tourist Visa)
or search by a visa subclass (e.g. 500)